Senior Living in 17762 (Picture Rocks, PA)
- 17762 scores the same as the Picture Rocks, PA average of 77.
- 17762 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17762 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Muncy Valley Hospital).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Wolf Run Village and Susquehanna Health Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center)
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 11 golf courses nearby, including Williamsport Country Club, Eagles Mere Country Club, and Challenge Course at White Deer Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Trout Pond Park Family Fun Center and Crystal Lake Camps).
- There are 15 churches nearby, including Picture Rocks United Methodist, Bethany United Methodist Chr, and Christ United Methodist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.53% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.53% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $69,054, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $60,000, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,798, which is in the top 42% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,870 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $122,275 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $52,000 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,646 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.16%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17762 has an average population density of 865.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.49%.