Senior Living in 17765 (Roaring Branch, PA)
- 17765 scores the same as the Roaring Branch, PA average of 67.
- 17765 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17765 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Care and Twin Oaks Personal Care Home)
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 4 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 8 golf courses nearby, including Corey Creek Golf Club, Pine Marsh Golf Course, and Tyoga Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including McIntyre Wild Area, Tioga State Forest, and Loyalsock State Forest.
- There are 4 churches nearby, including Church of Christ-disciples of Christ, Stiltner Theodore H, and Pierce Norman C.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.44% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $48,846, which is in the top 74% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $45,536, which is in the top 55% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,548, which is in the top 67% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.87%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 17765 has a very sparse population density of 14.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.51%.