Senior Living in 17768 (Shunk, PA)
- 17768 scores the same as the Shunk, PA average of 68.
- 17768 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17768 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Darway Elder Care and Rehabilitation Center and Twin Oaks Personal Care Home)
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (44% of the total population).
- There are 7 golf courses nearby, including Eagles Mere Country Club, Williamsport Country Club, and Towanda Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Buttermilk Falls Campground, Loyalsock State Forest, and Camp Brule.
- There are 4 churches nearby, including Church of Christ-disciples of Christ, Stiltner Theodore H, and Pierce Norman C.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.10% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $46,857, which is in the top 78% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,167, which is in the top 72% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,460, which is in the top 55% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.70%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 17768 has a very sparse population density of 12.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 80.86%.