Senior Living in 17771 (Trout Run, PA)
- 17771 scores the same as the Trout Run, PA average of 64.
- 17771 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17771 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Park Home Board, The Williamsport Home, and Manorcare Health Services - Williamsport North.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are no pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 6 golf courses nearby, including Williamsport Country Club, Pine Marsh Golf Course, and Challenge Course at White Deer Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (McIntyre Wild Area)..
- There are 5 churches nearby, including Fairlawn Community Church, St Michael Lutheran Church, and Balls Mills United Meth Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.53% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.53% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,804, which is in the top 58% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,701, which is in the top 57% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,947, which is in the top 65% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,870 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $122,275 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $52,000 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,646 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.54%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17771 has a very sparse population density of 14.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.44%.