Senior Living in 17772 (Turbotville, PA)
- 17772 scores the same as the Turbotville, PA average of 78.
- 17772 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17772 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Geisinger Medical Center, Danville State Hospital, and Muncy Valley Hospital.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Warrior Run Heritage House, Susquehanna Health Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Watsontown Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 35 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 18 golf courses nearby, including Frosty Valley Country Club, Cherokee Golf Course, and Liberty Valley Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Trout Pond Park Family Fun Center and Shady Rest Campground).
- There are 35 churches nearby, including Zion Lutheran Church, Shipman W Stevens, and St John\'s Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.24% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.13% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $67,518, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $52,417, which is in the top 38% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,986, which is in the top 52% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.27%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17772 has a sparse population density of 106.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.44%.