Senior Living in 17776 (Waterville, PA)
- 17776 scores the same as the Waterville, PA average of 68.
- 17776 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17776 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Lock Haven Hospital).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (William Hepburn Apartments and Manorcare Health Services - Jersey Shore)
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (48% of the total population).
- There are 6 golf courses nearby, including Pine Marsh Golf Course, Clinton Country Club, and Belles Springs Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Little Pine State Park, Upper Pine Bottom State Park, and Tiadaghton State Forest.
- There are 11 churches nearby, including Pickering Robert W, St Luke\'s United Church-Christ, and Snyder John A.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.53% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.53% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $45,196, which is in the top 82% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $38,750, which is in the top 73% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,081, which is in the top 58% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,870 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $122,275 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $52,000 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,646 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.54%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17776 has a very sparse population density of 3.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 75.64%.