Senior Living in 17778 (Westport, PA)
- 17778 scores the same as the Westport, PA average of 66.
- 17778 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17778 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Bucktail Medical Center).
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Bucktail Medical Center).
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are no fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There is 1 pharmacy within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (57% of the total population).
- There are 4 golf courses nearby, including Emporium Country Club, Clearfield-Curwensville Country Club, and Clinton Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Kettle Creek State Park, Johnson Run Natural Area, and Sinnemahoning State Park.
- There are 3 churches nearby, including Emmanuel Assembly of God, St Joseph\'s Hall, and Zion Evangelical Lutheran Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.21% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.53% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $47,211, which is in the top 78% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $30,417, which is in the top 90% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,741, which is in the top 23% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 16.00%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 17778 has a very sparse population density of 1.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 53.03%.