Senior Living in 17801 (Sunbury, PA)
- 17801 scores the same as the Sunbury, PA average of 69.
- 17801 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17801 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Sunbury Community Hospital).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Sunbury Community Hospital and Outpatient Center, ManorCare Health Services-Sunbury, and Golden LivingCenter - Mansion.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 38 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 17 golf courses nearby, including Sunny Hill Golf Course, Susquehanna Valley Country Club, and Indian Hills Golf.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Fantasy Island Campground, Shikellamy State Park, and Splash Magic Campground.
- There are 25 churches nearby, including Main A Donald, First Reformed United Church, and Earl Richard H.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.24% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.13% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $47,124, which is in the top 78% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $35,740, which is in the top 80% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,388, which is in the top 68% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.61%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17801 has a sparse population density of 252.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.50%.