Senior Living in 17810 (Allenwood, PA)
- 17810 scores the same as the Allenwood, PA average of 76.
- 17810 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17810 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including U S Penitentiary Infirmary, Evangelical Community Hospital, and Jersey Shore Hospital.
- There are 21 senior living facilities in the area, including Watsontown Health and Rehabilitation Center, WEST HOUSE Personal Care Home, and West House Personal Care Home.
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 85 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (16% of the total population).
- There are 13 golf courses nearby, including Bucknell Golf Club, Challenge Course at White Deer Golf Club, and Turbot Hills Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks nearby, including Williamsport South / Nittany Mtn. KOA, Susquehanna State Park, and Hidden Valley Camping Resort.
- There are 119 churches nearby, including MT Deliverance Worship Center, God\'s Missionary Church, and St Johns Ucc.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.25% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.22% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $56,949, which is in the top 53% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $52,969, which is in the top 37% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $13,440, which is in the top 95% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.39%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17810 has a very sparse population density of 82.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 75.35%.