Senior Living in 17814 (Benton, PA)
- 17814 scores the same as the Benton, PA average of 66.
- 17814 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17814 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Clear Brook Lodge).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Bonham Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Millville Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Orangeville Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 34 golf courses nearby, including Mill Race Golf & Camping Resort, Farley\'s Sweet Valley Golf Course, and Willow Run Inn & Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Grassmere Park Campgrounds, Mill Race Golf & Camping Resort, and Red Rock Mountain Campground.
- There are 14 churches nearby, including Christ the King Church, Benton United Methodist, and Benton Christian Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.72% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.17% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,886, which is in the top 68% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $40,684, which is in the top 68% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,858, which is in the top 59% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $46,080 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $89,425 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,765 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.70%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17814 has a very sparse population density of 35.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.23%.