Senior Living in 17820 (Catawissa, PA)
- 17820 scores the same as the Catawissa, PA average of 80.
- 17820 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17820 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Shamokin Area Community Hospital, Bloomsburg Hospital, and Saint Catherine Medical Center Fountain Springs.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including Mount Carmel Outpatient Rehab Clinic, Geisinger-Bloomsburg Health Care Center, and Brookdale Bloomsburg.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 67 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 68 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 31 golf courses nearby, including Three Ponds Golf Club, Wolf Hollow Golf Center, and Windsor Heights Public Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Lake Glory Campground, Knoebels Campground, and Indian Head Campground.
- There are 49 churches nearby, including Christ United Lutheran Church, First United Methodist Church, and St John\'s Community Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.72% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.17% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,793, which is in the top 56% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,326, which is in the top 53% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,707, which is in the top 48% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $46,080 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $89,425 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,765 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.30%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17820 has a very sparse population density of 61.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.82%.