Senior Living in 17821 (Danville, PA)
- 17821 scores the same as the Danville, PA average of 74.
- 17821 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17821 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Geisinger Medical Center and Danville State Hospital).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including Maria Joseph Manor, Vintage Knolls, and The Meadows at Maria Joseph Continuing Care Community.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 21 golf courses nearby, including Frosty Valley Country Club, Liberty Valley Country Club, and Cherokee Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Splash Magic Campground, Indian Head Campground, and Shady Rest Campground.
- There are 24 churches nearby, including St Joseph School, Neufer P Dale, and Christ Memorial Episcopal Chr.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.86% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $69,733, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,561, which is in the top 47% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,143, which is in the top 25% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $46,080 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $89,425 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,765 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.93%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17821 has a sparse population density of 136.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.91%.