Senior Living in 17824 (Elysburg, PA)
- 17824 scores the same as the Elysburg, PA average of 81.
- 17824 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17824 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Shamokin Area Community Hospital).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Serenity Gardens Personal Care, Mountain View, A Nursing and Rehabilitation Cente, and Mount Carmel Outpatient Rehab Clinic.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 45 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 27 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 26 golf courses nearby, including Three Ponds Golf Club, Indian Hills Golf, and Rolling Meadows Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Knoebels Campground, Lake Glory Campground, and Indian Head Campground.
- There are 17 churches nearby, including Christ United Lutheran Church, First United Methodist Church, and St John\'s Community Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.24% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.13% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $70,343, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,536, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,290, which is in the top 20% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.29%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17824 has a sparse population density of 155.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.71%.