Senior Living in 17834 (Kulpmont, PA)
- 17834 scores the same as the Kulpmont, PA average of 73.
- 17834 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17834 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Shamokin Area Community Hospital and Saint Catherine Medical Center Fountain Springs).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Serenity Gardens Personal Care, Mount Carmel Outpatient Rehab Clinic, and Friendly Nursing Home - Pitman.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 38 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 35 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (39% of the total population).
- There are 21 golf courses nearby, including Fountain Springs Country Club, Rolling Meadows Golf Course, and Three Ponds Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Knoebels Campground)..
- There are 17 churches nearby, including Latter Rain Church, MT Carmel Personal Care Comm, and G Grace Evangelical Independent Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.24% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.13% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $53,726, which is in the top 61% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,065, which is in the top 61% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,205, which is in the top 51% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.14%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17834 has an average population density of 694.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.58%.