Senior Living in 17837 (Lewisburg, PA)
- 17837 scores the same as the Lewisburg, PA average of 70.
- 17837 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17837 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Evangelical Community Hospital and U S Penitentiary Infirmary).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Buffalo Valley Lutheran Village, Elmcroft of Lewisburg, and Riverwoods.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 42 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 12 golf courses nearby, including Bucknell Golf Club, Turbot Hills Golf Course, and Susquehanna Valley Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Central Oak Heights, Williamsport South / Nittany Mtn. KOA, and Milton State Park.
- There are 41 churches nearby, including First Presbyterian Church, Diakon Lutheran Social Ministr, and United Pentecostal Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.25% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.22% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,879, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,136, which is in the top 50% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,958, which is in the top 46% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.14%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17837 has a sparse population density of 318.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.70%.