Senior Living in 17845 (Millmont, PA)
- 17845 scores the same as the Millmont, PA average of 64.
- 17845 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17845 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Rolling Hills Manor, Richfield Senior Living Center, and Richfield Senior Living and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 17 golf courses nearby, including Shade Mountain Golf Club, Bucknell Golf Club, and Indian Run Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Sunsational Family Campground, Bald Eagle State Forest Joyce Kilmer Natural Area, and Raymond B. Winter State Park.
- There are 58 churches nearby, including Christ\'s United Lutheran Chr, God\'s Missionary Church, and God\'s Missionary Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.25% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.22% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $49,678, which is in the top 72% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,762, which is in the top 62% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,613, which is in the top 78% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.12%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17845 has a very sparse population density of 34.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 73.00%.