Senior Living in 17846 (Millville, PA)
- 17846 scores the same as the Millville, PA average of 78.
- 17846 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17846 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Bloomsburg Hospital, Geisinger Medical Center, and Danville State Hospital.
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including Millville Health and Rehabilitation Center, Orangeville Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Balanced Care Bloomsburg.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 55 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 29 golf courses nearby, including Windsor Heights Public Golf Course, Wolf Hollow Golf Center, and Wolf Hollow Golf Center.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Shady Rest Campground, Deihl\'s Camping Resort, and Mill Race Golf & Camping Resort.
- There are 48 churches nearby, including Millville United Methodist Chr, Millville Friends Church, and Millville United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.72% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.17% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,613, which is in the top 56% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $41,950, which is in the top 64% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,702, which is in the top 48% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $46,080 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $89,425 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,765 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.62%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17846 has a very sparse population density of 80.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 84.26%.