Senior Living in 17847 (Milton, PA)
- 17847 scores the same as the Milton, PA average of 77.
- 17847 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17847 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Geisinger Medical Center, Danville State Hospital, and Evangelical Community Hospital.
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Milton Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Riverwoods, and Warrior Run Heritage House.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 24 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 61 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 15 golf courses nearby, including Turbot Hills Golf Course, Liberty Valley Country Club, and Cherokee Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Milton State Park, Central Oak Heights, and Splash Magic Campground.
- There are 47 churches nearby, including Trinity Lutheran Church, First Presbyterian Church, and Burnett Kenneth A.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.24% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.13% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,390, which is in the top 70% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $38,765, which is in the top 73% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,461, which is in the top 61% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.47%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17847 has a sparse population density of 256.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.01%.