Senior Living in 17857 (Northumberland, PA)
- 17857 scores the same as the Northumberland, PA average of 84.
- 17857 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17857 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Sunbury Community Hospital, Geisinger Medical Center, and Danville State Hospital.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in the area, including Nottingham Village, Sunbury Community Hospital and Outpatient Center, and ManorCare Health Services-Sunbury.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 34 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 61 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 18 golf courses nearby, including Turbot Hills Golf Course, Sunny Hill Golf Course, and Susquehanna Valley Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Splash Magic Campground, Fantasy Island Campground, and Shikellamy State Park.
- There are 41 churches nearby, including St Mark\'s Episcopal Church, First Regular Baptist Church, and St John\'s Lutheran Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.24% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.13% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,559, which is in the top 56% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,146, which is in the top 53% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,549, which is in the top 38% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.71%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17857 has a sparse population density of 280.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.59%.