Senior Living in 17859 (Orangeville, PA)
- 17859 scores the same as the Orangeville, PA average of 82.
- 17859 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17859 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Bloomsburg Hospital, Berwick Hospital Center, and Clear Brook Lodge.
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Orangeville Health and Rehabilitation Center, Balanced Care Bloomsburg, and Millville Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 23 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 70 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (38% of the total population).
- There are 36 golf courses nearby, including Windsor Heights Public Golf Course, Wolf Hollow Golf Center, and Wolf Hollow Golf Center.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Deihl\'s Camping Resort, Whispering Pines Camping Estates, and Shady Rest Campground.
- There are 57 churches nearby, including Christian Convenant Academy, Stillwater Christian Church, and Saint Martha\'s Roman Catholic.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.72% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.17% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $71,826, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,198, which is in the top 50% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,273, which is in the top 20% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $46,080 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $89,425 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,765 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.65%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17859 has a very sparse population density of 80.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 84.95%.