Senior Living in 17860 (Paxinos, PA)
- 17860 scores the same as the Paxinos, PA average of 85.
- 17860 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17860 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Sunbury Community Hospital, Shamokin Area Community Hospital, and Geisinger Medical Center.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in the area, including Golden LivingCenter - Mansion, Mountain View, A Nursing and Rehabilitation Cente, and Maria Joseph Manor.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 54 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 65 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 26 golf courses nearby, including Indian Hills Golf, Three Ponds Golf Club, and Sunny Hill Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Knoebels Campground, Splash Magic Campground, and Fantasy Island Campground.
- There are 41 churches nearby, including Clendaniel Gregory L, Valley School of Healing Arts, and Main A Donald.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.24% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.13% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $61,608, which is in the top 42% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $51,182, which is in the top 41% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,336, which is in the top 44% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.29%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17860 has a very sparse population density of 75.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 84.10%.