Senior Living in 17861 (Paxtonville, PA)
- 17861 scores the same as the Paxtonville, PA average of 71.
- 17861 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17861 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Richfield Senior Living Center, Richfield Senior Living and Rehabilitation Center, and Grayson View.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 9 golf courses nearby, including Shade Mountain Golf Club, Susquehanna Valley Country Club, and Bucknell Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Bald Eagle State Forest)..
- There are 11 churches nearby, including Hummel\'s United Methodist Chr, New Hope Baptist Church, and First United Church of Christ.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.79% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.17% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $38,506, which is in the top 92% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $29,583, which is in the top 91% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,043, which is in the top 64% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $46,080 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $89,425 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,765 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17861 has an average population density of 993.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 70.59%.