Senior Living in 17862 (Penns Creek, PA)
- 17862 scores the same as the Penns Creek, PA average of 64.
- 17862 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17862 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Rolling Hills Manor).
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 6 golf courses nearby, including Shade Mountain Golf Club, Bucknell Golf Club, and Susquehanna Valley Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 15 churches nearby, including Benjo David J, Messiah Lutheran Church, and First United Church of Christ.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.79% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.17% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $45,944, which is in the top 81% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $37,404, which is in the top 77% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $16,600, which is in the top 87% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $46,080 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $89,425 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,765 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.69%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17862 has an average population density of 1,403.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 71.77%.