Senior Living in 17864 (Port Trevorton, PA)
- 17864 scores the same as the Port Trevorton, PA average of 67.
- 17864 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17864 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Brookdale Grayson View, Grayson View, and The Manor at Penn Village.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 24 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 19 golf courses nearby, including Harrisburg North Public Golf, Shade Mountain Golf Club, and Susquehanna Valley Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Martz\'s Gap View Hunting Preserve)..
- There are 34 churches nearby, including Kerchoff Robert A, Luke S Ucc St, and Freeburg United Methodist Chr.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.79% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.17% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,227, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $49,722, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,845, which is in the top 82% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $46,080 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $89,425 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,765 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.67%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17864 has a sparse population density of 122.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 71.24%.