Senior Living in 17866 (Coal Township, PA)
- 17866 scores the same as the Coal Township, PA average of 63.
- 17866 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17866 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Shamokin Area Community Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Mountain View, A Nursing and Rehabilitation Cente, Serenity Gardens Personal Care, and Mount Carmel Outpatient Rehab Clinic.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 23 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 20 golf courses nearby, including Three Ponds Golf Club, Indian Hills Golf, and Rolling Meadows Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Knoebels Campground and Lake Glory Campground).
- There are 9 churches nearby, including Trinity Lutheran Church, St John\'s United Church-Christ, and G Grace Evangelical Independent Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.24% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.13% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $44,064, which is in the top 84% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $35,675, which is in the top 81% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,328, which is in the top 79% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.72%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17866 has a sparse population density of 410.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.52%.