Senior Living in 17867 (Rebuck, PA)
- 17867 scores the same as the Rebuck, PA average of 85.
- 17867 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17867 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Sunbury Community Hospital and Shamokin Area Community Hospital).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Mountain View, A Nursing and Rehabilitation Cente, Heritage Mill Personal Care Home , and Friendly Nursing Home - Pitman.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 41 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 35 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 30 golf courses nearby, including Indian Hills Golf, Sunny Hill Golf Course, and Susquehanna Valley Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Martz\'s Gap View Hunting Preserve)..
- There are 39 churches nearby, including Himmel\'s Church, Salem United Church of Christ, and Valley School of Healing Arts.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.24% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.13% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,690, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $38,472, which is in the top 74% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,369, which is in the top 44% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.13%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17867 has a very sparse population density of 47.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.48%.