Senior Living in 17868 (Riverside, PA)
- 17868 scores the same as the Riverside, PA average of 85.
- 17868 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17868 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Geisinger Medical Center and Danville State Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Maria Joseph Manor, The Meadows at Maria Joseph Continuing Care Community, and Vintage Knolls.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (35% of the total population).
- There are 15 golf courses nearby, including Frosty Valley Country Club, Liberty Valley Country Club, and Cherokee Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 9 churches nearby, including Pine Street Lutheran Church, Christ Memorial Episcopal Chr, and Neufer P Dale.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.24% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.13% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $70,897, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $56,771, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,291, which is in the top 25% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.75%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17868 has a dense population density of 1,567.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.39%.