Senior Living in 17870 (Selinsgrove, PA)
- 17870 scores the same as the Selinsgrove, PA average of 68.
- 17870 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17870 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Sunbury Community Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Pennsfield Senior Apartments, The Manor at Penn Village, and Grayson View.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 35 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 11 golf courses nearby, including Susquehanna Valley Country Club, Sunny Hill Golf Course, and Shade Mountain Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Shikellamy State Park and Fantasy Island Campground).
- There are 28 churches nearby, including Zion\'s Church of Kratzerville, All Saints Episcopal Church, and Shamokin Dam Alliance Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.79% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.17% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $67,541, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $49,651, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,076, which is in the top 41% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $46,080 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $89,425 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,765 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.91%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17870 has a sparse population density of 323.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.10%.