Senior Living in 17872 (Shamokin, PA)
- 17872 scores the same as the Shamokin, PA average of 69.
- 17872 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17872 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Shamokin Area Community Hospital and Sunbury Community Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Mountain View, A Nursing and Rehabilitation Cente, Golden LivingCenter - Mansion, and Serenity Gardens Personal Care.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 26 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 36 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 21 golf courses nearby, including Indian Hills Golf, Three Ponds Golf Club, and Sunny Hill Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Knoebels Campground)..
- There are 25 churches nearby, including Valley School of Healing Arts, Clendaniel Gregory L, and St John\'s United Church-Christ.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.24% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.13% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $42,772, which is in the top 86% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $35,121, which is in the top 82% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,147, which is in the top 75% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.46%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17872 has a sparse population density of 245.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 84.93%.