Senior Living in 17876 (Shamokin Dam, PA)
- 17876 scores the same as the Shamokin Dam, PA average of 82.
- 17876 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17876 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Sunbury Community Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including ManorCare Health Services-Sunbury, Sunbury Community Hospital and Outpatient Center, and Pennsfield Senior Apartments.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 35 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (42% of the total population).
- There are 15 golf courses nearby, including Susquehanna Valley Country Club, Sunny Hill Golf Course, and Indian Hills Golf.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Shikellamy State Park, Fantasy Island Campground, and Splash Magic Campground.
- There are 22 churches nearby, including St Matthew\'s Lutheran Church, First Reformed United Church, and Earl Richard H.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.79% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.17% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,448, which is in the top 57% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,750, which is in the top 47% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,651, which is in the top 43% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $46,080 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $89,425 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,765 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.54%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17876 has an average population density of 916.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.51%.