Senior Living in 17884 (Washingtonville, PA)
- 17884 scores the same as the Washingtonville, PA average of 71.
- 17884 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17884 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Geisinger Medical Center and Danville State Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Warrior Run Heritage House, Vintage Knolls, and The Meadows at Maria Joseph Continuing Care Community.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 27 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 17 golf courses nearby, including Frosty Valley Country Club, Cherokee Golf Course, and Liberty Valley Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Shady Rest Campground)..
- There are 20 churches nearby, including Christ Memorial Episcopal Chr, Neufer P Dale, and St Joseph School.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.86% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $34,099, which is in the top 96% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $26,875, which is in the top 94% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $13,912, which is in the top 94% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $46,080 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $89,425 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,765 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 22.33%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17884 has an average population density of 617.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 80.10%.