Senior Living in 17885 (Weikert, PA)
- 17885 scores the same as the Weikert, PA average of 73.
- 17885 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17885 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Rolling Hills Manor and Northridge Center Personal Care)
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 3 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (39% of the total population).
- There are 16 golf courses nearby, including Indian Run Golf Course, Shade Mountain Golf Club, and Bucknell Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Sunsational Family Campground, Bald Eagle State Forest Joyce Kilmer Natural Area, and Woodward Cave.
- There are 49 churches nearby, including Christ\'s United Lutheran Chr, God\'s Missionary Church, and Life Center.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.25% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.22% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $51,095, which is in the top 68% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $58,409, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,703, which is in the top 72% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 17885 has a very sparse population density of 13.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.06%.