Senior Living in 17886 (West Milton, PA)
- 17886 scores the same as the West Milton, PA average of 77.
- 17886 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17886 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Evangelical Community Hospital and U S Penitentiary Infirmary).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Milton Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Riverwoods, and Buffalo Valley Lutheran Village.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 38 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 15 golf courses nearby, including Turbot Hills Golf Course, Bucknell Golf Club, and Cherokee Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Central Oak Heights, Milton State Park, and Williamsport South / Nittany Mtn. KOA.
- There are 34 churches nearby, including St Paul\'s United Church-Christ, First Presbyterian Church, and Burnett Kenneth A.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.25% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.22% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $27,526, which is in the top 99% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $23,900, which is in the top 97% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $14,688, which is in the top 93% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.66%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17886 has an average population density of 918.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.58%.