Senior Living in 17888 (Wilburton, PA)
- 17888 scores the same as the Wilburton, PA average of 82.
- 17888 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17888 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Saint Catherine Medical Center Fountain Springs and Shamokin Area Community Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Mount Carmel Outpatient Rehab Clinic, Serenity Gardens Personal Care, and Broad Mountain Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 52 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 43 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 29 golf courses nearby, including Fountain Springs Country Club, Rolling Meadows Golf Course, and Three Ponds Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Lake Glory Campground and Knoebels Campground).
- There are 18 churches nearby, including Grace Evangelical Indpdnt Chr, Latter Rain Church, and G Grace Evangelical Independent Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.72% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.17% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,760, which is in the top 48% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $49,583, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,726, which is in the top 54% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $46,080 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $89,425 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,765 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.13%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17888 has a sparse population density of 114.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.41%.