Senior Living in 17889 (Winfield, PA)
- 17889 scores the same as the Winfield, PA average of 87.
- 17889 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17889 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Evangelical Community Hospital, U S Penitentiary Infirmary, and Sunbury Community Hospital.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Pennsfield Senior Apartments, Elmcroft of Lewisburg, and The Manor at Penn Village.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 24 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 73 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 16 golf courses nearby, including Susquehanna Valley Country Club, Bucknell Golf Club, and Shade Mountain Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Shikellamy State Park, Fantasy Island Campground, and Splash Magic Campground.
- There are 53 churches nearby, including Shamokin Dam Alliance Church, Zion\'s Church of Kratzerville, and All Saints Episcopal Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.25% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.22% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $74,403, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $57,500, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,368, which is in the top 20% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.25%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17889 has a sparse population density of 120.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.52%.