Senior Living in 17920 (Aristes, PA)
- 17920 scores the same as the Aristes, PA average of 85.
- 17920 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17920 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Saint Catherine Medical Center Fountain Springs, Shamokin Area Community Hospital, and Schuylkill Medical Center - South Jackson Street.
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Mount Carmel Outpatient Rehab Clinic, Broad Mountain Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Ridgeview Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 84 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 92 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (38% of the total population).
- There are 34 golf courses nearby, including Fountain Springs Country Club, Rolling Meadows Golf Course, and Mountain Valley Golf Course -Oak/Pine.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Lake Glory Campground, Knoebels Campground, and Locust Lake State Park.
- There are 21 churches nearby, including Grace Evangelical Indpdnt Chr, Dial-A-Prayer, and Clough John R.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.72% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.17% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,338, which is in the top 47% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $56,161, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,911, which is in the top 65% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $46,080 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $89,425 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,765 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.38%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17920 has a very sparse population density of 74.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.93%.