Senior Living in 17923 (Branchdale, PA)
- 17923 scores the same as the Branchdale, PA average of 83.
- 17923 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17923 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Schuylkill Medical Center - South Jackson Street, Schuylkill Medical Center - East Norwegian Street, and Saint Catherine Medical Center Fountain Springs.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in the area, including Tremont Health and Rehabilitation Center, Golden LivingCenter - York Terrace, and Luther Ridge at Seiders Hill.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 88 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 88 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 46 golf courses nearby, including Fountain Springs Country Club, Rolling Meadows Golf Course, and Hidden Valley Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Sweet Arrow Lake County Park, Camp Swatara, and Locust Lake State Park.
- There are 20 churches nearby, including Schaediger Paul A, Ott Randolph B, and Dial-A-Prayer.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $45,498, which is in the top 81% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,722, which is in the top 71% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,559, which is in the top 49% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.41%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17923 has a very sparse population density of 49.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.43%.