Senior Living in 17935 (Girardville, PA)
- 17935 scores the same as the Girardville, PA average of 75.
- 17935 scores the same as the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17935 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Saint Catherine Medical Center Fountain Springs, Schuylkill Medical Center - South Jackson Street, and Schuylkill Medical Center - East Norwegian Street.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Broad Mountain Health and Rehabilitation Center, Ridgeview Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, and Shenandoah Senior Living Community.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 51 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 74 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 22 golf courses nearby, including Fountain Springs Country Club, Rolling Meadows Golf Course, and Mountain Valley Golf Course -Oak/Pine.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 12 churches nearby, including Calvary Baptist Church, Dial-A-Prayer, and Clough John R.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $42,591, which is in the top 87% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $34,531, which is in the top 83% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,430, which is in the top 79% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.55%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17935 has a sparse population density of 398.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.64%.