Senior Living in 17941 (Klingerstown, PA)
- 17941 scores the same as the Klingerstown, PA average of 76.
- 17941 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17941 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Shamokin Area Community Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Heritage Mill Personal Care Home , Friendly Nursing Home - Pitman, and Mountain View, A Nursing and Rehabilitation Cente.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 35 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 42 golf courses nearby, including Indian Hills Golf, Sunny Hill Golf Course, and Three Ponds Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Martz\'s Gap View Hunting Preserve)..
- There are 27 churches nearby, including Salem United Church of Christ, St Peters United Methodist Chr, and Valley View Churches of God.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $49,477, which is in the top 72% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $45,167, which is in the top 56% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,527, which is in the top 67% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.31%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17941 has a very sparse population density of 33.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 84.16%.