Senior Living in 17945 (Locustdale, PA)
- 17945 scores the same as the Locustdale, PA average of 80.
- 17945 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17945 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Saint Catherine Medical Center Fountain Springs, Shamokin Area Community Hospital, and Schuylkill Medical Center - South Jackson Street.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Mount Carmel Outpatient Rehab Clinic, Serenity Gardens Personal Care, and Friendly Nursing Home - Pitman.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 65 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 80 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 31 golf courses nearby, including Fountain Springs Country Club, Rolling Meadows Golf Course, and Three Ponds Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Knoebels Campground and Lake Glory Campground).
- There are 22 churches nearby, including Grace Evangelical Indpdnt Chr, Dial-A-Prayer, and Clough John R.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $26,741, which is in the top 99% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $18,125, which is in the top 99% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,734, which is in the top 82% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17945 has a sparse population density of 173.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 49.38%.