Senior Living in 17949 (Mahanoy Plane, PA)
- 17949 scores the same as the Mahanoy Plane, PA average of 76.
- 17949 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17949 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Broad Mountain Health and Rehabilitation Center, Ridgeview Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, and Shenandoah Senior Living Community.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 34 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 19 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 19 golf courses nearby, including Mountain Valley Golf Course -Oak/Pine, Fountain Springs Country Club, and Rolling Meadows Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Locust Lake State Park)..
- There are 2 churches nearby (Calvary Baptist Church and Blessed Teresa of Calcutta).
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,581, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $65,909, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,780, which is in the top 42% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.97%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17949 has a dense population density of 2,604.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.30%.