Senior Living in 17951 (Mar Lin, PA)
- 17951 scores the same as the Mar Lin, PA average of 79.
- 17951 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17951 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Schuylkill Medical Center - South Jackson Street and Schuylkill Medical Center - East Norwegian Street).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Golden LivingCenter - York Terrace, Luther Ridge at Seiders Hill, and Manorcare Health Services - Pottsville.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 36 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 50 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 15 golf courses nearby, including Fountain Springs Country Club, Rolling Meadows Golf Course, and Hidden Valley Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 5 churches nearby, including Ott Randolph B, Schaediger Paul A, and Faith Assembly of God.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $47,830, which is in the top 76% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,750, which is in the top 47% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,714, which is in the top 77% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.17%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17951 has a dense population density of 1,756.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 70.37%.