Senior Living in 17957 (Muir, PA)
- 17957 scores the same as the Muir, PA average of 70.
- 17957 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17957 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Heritage Mill Personal Care Home , Tremont Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Friendly Nursing Home - Pitman.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There is 1 pharmacy within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 13 golf courses nearby, including Monroe Valley Golf Course, Blue Mountain View Golf Course, and Hidden Valley Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Twin Grove Park & Campground Koa)..
- There are 11 churches nearby, including Trinity United Church-Christ, St Paul\'s Lutheran Church, and St Peter\'s Evangelical Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $52,208, which is in the top 65% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $33,393, which is in the top 85% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,517, which is in the top 34% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.62%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17957 has a dense population density of 2,089.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.78%.