Senior Living in 17960 (New Ringgold, PA)
- 17960 scores the same as the New Ringgold, PA average of 78.
- 17960 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17960 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (St Luke\'s Miners Memorial Hospital).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Weston Senior Living Center at Pinebrook, Orwigsburg Center, and St. Luke\'s MIners Campus.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 44 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 23 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (35% of the total population).
- There are 52 golf courses nearby, including Mahoning Valley Golf, Schuylkill Country Club, and Eighteen Course at White Birch Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Blue Rocks Family Campground, Tuscarora State Park, and Robin Hill RV Resort & Campground.
- There are 22 churches nearby, including Searing David A, New Bethel Lutheran Church, and Kempton New Church School.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $61,709, which is in the top 42% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $50,304, which is in the top 43% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,069, which is in the top 32% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.25%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17960 has a very sparse population density of 74.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 84.79%.