Senior Living in 17963 (Pine Grove, PA)
- 17963 scores the same as the Pine Grove, PA average of 70.
- 17963 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17963 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Tremont Health and Rehabilitation Center, Heritage Mill Personal Care Home , and Friendly Nursing Home - Pitman.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 23 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 46 golf courses nearby, including Hidden Valley Golf Course, Blue Mountain View Golf Course, and Monroe Valley Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Sweet Arrow Lake County Park, Camp Swatara, and Twin Grove Park & Campground Koa.
- There are 15 churches nearby, including Suedberg Church of God, Schuylkill Church of Brethren, and St Pauls of Hamlin Ucc.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $62,679, which is in the top 40% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,151, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,788, which is in the top 42% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.53%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17963 has a sparse population density of 102.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.27%.