Senior Living in 17965 (Port Carbon, PA)
- 17965 scores the same as the Port Carbon, PA average of 77.
- 17965 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17965 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Schuylkill Medical Center - South Jackson Street and Schuylkill Medical Center - East Norwegian Street).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Schuylkill Center, Schuylkill Medical Center South Jackson Street, and Manorcare Health Services - Pottsville.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 37 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 59 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 15 golf courses nearby, including Mountain Valley Golf Course -Oak/Pine, Schuylkill Country Club, and Maple/Oak Course at Mountain Valley Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Locust Lake State Park)..
- There are 6 churches nearby, including Kratz Daniel G, Higher Ground Worship Center, and Ott Randolph B.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $44,500, which is in the top 83% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $41,765, which is in the top 65% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,952, which is in the top 65% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.34%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17965 has a dense population density of 2,895.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.11%.