Senior Living in 17968 (Sacramento, PA)
- 17968 scores the same as the Sacramento, PA average of 79.
- 17968 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17968 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Shamokin Area Community Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Heritage Mill Personal Care Home , Friendly Nursing Home - Pitman, and Mountain View, A Nursing and Rehabilitation Cente.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 35 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 39 golf courses nearby, including Monroe Valley Golf Course, Indian Hills Golf, and Harrisburg North Public Golf.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Twin Grove Park & Campground Koa, Martz\'s Gap View Hunting Preserve, and Swatara State Park.
- There are 26 churches nearby, including St Peters United Methodist Chr, Salem United Church of Christ, and Valley View Churches of God.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $86,117, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $49,712, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,880, which is in the top 29% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.72%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17968 has a very sparse population density of 84.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 71.93%.