Senior Living in 17972 (Schuylkill Haven, PA)
- 17972 scores the same as the Schuylkill Haven, PA average of 73.
- 17972 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17972 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Schuylkill Medical Center - South Jackson Street and Schuylkill Medical Center - East Norwegian Street).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Rest Haven, Luther Ridge at Seiders Hill, and Golden LivingCenter - York Terrace.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 50 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 60 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 40 golf courses nearby, including Hidden Valley Golf Course, Schuylkill Country Club, and Heidelberg Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Christmas Pines Campground, Mountain Springs Camping Resort, and Appalachian RV Campground.
- There are 18 churches nearby, including Faith Assembly of God, Higher Ground Worship Center, and Kratz Daniel G.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,944, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $45,334, which is in the top 55% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,179, which is in the top 45% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.24%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17972 has a sparse population density of 283.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.84%.