Senior Living in 17974 (Seltzer, PA)
- 17974 scores the same as the Seltzer, PA average of 79.
- 17974 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17974 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Schuylkill Medical Center - South Jackson Street and Schuylkill Medical Center - East Norwegian Street).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Golden LivingCenter - York Terrace, Manorcare Health Services - Pottsville, and Luther Ridge at Seiders Hill.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 36 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 60 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (42% of the total population).
- There are 14 golf courses nearby, including Fountain Springs Country Club, Rolling Meadows Golf Course, and Mountain Valley Golf Course -Oak/Pine.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 6 churches nearby, including Ott Randolph B, Schaediger Paul A, and Faith Assembly of God.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $45,879, which is in the top 81% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $50,417, which is in the top 43% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,536, which is in the top 73% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 21.25%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17974 has a dense population density of 5,058.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 77.51%.