Senior Living in 17976 (Shenandoah, PA)
- 17976 scores the same as the Shenandoah, PA average of 64.
- 17976 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17976 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Shenandoah Senior Living Community, Ridgeview Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, and Broad Mountain Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 41 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 23 golf courses nearby, including Mountain Valley Golf Course -Oak/Pine, Maple/Oak Course at Mountain Valley Golf Course, and Eighteen Course at White Birch Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Locust Lake State Park)..
- There are 2 churches nearby (Calvary Baptist Church and Blessed Teresa of Calcutta).
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $42,677, which is in the top 87% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $30,889, which is in the top 90% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,617, which is in the top 83% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.00%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17976 has an average population density of 904.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 78.02%.